2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Prototype
The next generation Jeep Wrangler is still a long way off - we will have to wait until 2017 to see the
2018 Jeep Wrangler "JL".
As Chrysler has reminded us, the Wrangler is a key vehicle for them and they will not compromise its off-road capabilities
in any re-design. Nor will it veer from its affordable price points.
Some changes/rumors include:
- a hydroformed steel frame to reduce weight and increase strength
- redesigned top to reduce weight while being mindful of safety issues
- the traditional soft top may even be replaced with removable soft panels, eliminating the sport bar design!
- while the tailgate is also due for a makeover, its construction as well as the bumpers and wheel bolt pattern will likely be the same
- second generation 8 speed transmissions will and perhaps a new 6 speed manual are also being considered.
- LED or HID lights as an option, in line with Dodge and Chrysler vehicles.